so…. the east coast has been hit with what they are saying could go down as a huge “historical storm!” juno, is what they have named her, and she has been coming down like a mad woman since yesterday morning. the subway is closed, the grocery stores are pretty bare, and we are quite anxious to get out there and play in some of that beautiful white stuff once the parks reopen!
considering that the snow is here to stay for a few days (and we won’t see warm weather til april), we’ve been on the hunt for some new winter boots for samson, who has outgrown his last pair, which both he and eleanor wore over the past few years. so in honor of boot shopping and storm juno, we’ve rounded up a few of the boots we love over here, and a few that have caught our eye, while we’ve been shopping for new boots for samson with the hope that this is helpful for anyone else boot shopping!
boots for littles:
1. E and S have a few different pairs of these hunter rain boots and we’ve loved them. they are great quality and have lasted a few years now. we use these insert socks which helps keep their feet extra cozy and warm.
2. these bogs boots are genius with the hand grips to pull them on and off! especially as little ones become more and more independent and want to do everything on their own.
3. and how cute are sorel boots in a teeny tiny size? the perfect snow boot!
boot for women:
1. i’m super obsessed with these. i don’t own them, but they are on my wish list because look at them! they are gorgeous.
2. i own this pair of shoes by melissa rain boots and i live in them…. rain or no rain. they are really comfortable so i tend to favor them when i’m out and about walking all over this city. i love them.
3. i bought these sorel boots a few years ago and they are wonderful. the bright laces help me feel better about it being cold outside. ha! (ps. they run really big so size down if you’re looking at getting these.)
boots for men (by josh):
1. i’ve had these gore-tex hiking boots for about 15 years, and they’ve been amazing! i really love having boots that are completely waterproof, and they’re super versatile. great for hiking and camping, they can handle any winter weather thrown at them, and since they’re leather they go with anything (unlike a lot of hiking boots).
2. these maine hunting shoes have been around since 1912! they’re tall, easy to clean, and built for tough conditions. you can get insulated ones too if you want.
3. or if you’re looking for some rubber rain boots instead, then try these hunter balmoral bamboo carbon boots or a slightly less expensive hunter field boot here.