i’m pretty sure you’re all acquainted with our new little addition at the davis house. she’s cute, she’s tiny, she’s allowed in mom and dad’s room (even on their bed!) and she’s kind of the center of attention these days.
well, in case you’ve forgotten, my name is kingsley and i’m also adorable.
i’ve put together a little list of things to do to get attention if your parents bring home a baby and you notice life just isn’t the same.
- when they’re sitting in a chair, curl up at their feet and let out a huge sigh. this usually reminds them to pet you.
- if the baby just won’t stop crying, don’t bark or pace even though you want to… simply put your paw on mom’s lap as if you say “i know ….it’s ok” and she’ll love you even more.
- add more head tilts and cute confused looks to your routine.
- lick the baby’s feet when they let you. i promise they’ll think it’s adorable.
- leave them a present at their bedroom door in the morning to remind them that your last walk before bedtime just wasn’t long enough.
- and if all else fails, forget all of your training and go back to tearing up furniture like you did when you were a puppy. i swear it gets their attention every time.
(sigh.) i really need a yard.