lipstick is one of my very favorite things, so let’s do a big old post about it!
i wear lipstick almost every single day, and i have tried so many different brands and shades over the years, especially the red ones! i blogged about my beauty must-haves last fall, but we didn’t talk about the lips, and i’m often asked about what lipstick i’m wearing. so i hope it’s helpful to see the ones i love and rotate through over and over again here below…
1. maybelline pink me up is the shade i wear everyday like most might wear chap stick. it’s the perfect amount of pink to give your regular lips just a tiny bit of pop, and has a good amount of moisturizer, so i wear it everywhere.
2. ysl color 1 le rouge – blood red is my current favorite shade of red. while it’s still matte enough to stay in place and last for several hours before having to reapply, it has a nice satin finish so it doesn’t dry up.
3. nars schiap is probably the most fun shade of bright pink out there! i wear this one a ton.
4. mac ruby woo is a well known and popular shade of red. it’s one of the brighter orange/reds out there and still a favorite of mine.
5. nars red lizard. this is a much darker red, but it’s still so classic. i tend to wear this shade more in the winter only, but it’s pretty fabulous and someone often stops me to ask about it when i’m wearing it. which is hilarious, because i learned about this shade by stopping a woman on the street to ask her what lipstick she was wearing! i guess it is an eye catcher.
6. maybelline electric orange. i discovered this shade last summer and i love it! i had been looking for a shade like this for years, but oranges can be hard to get right, and usually remind me of my years wearing stage make up when i was dancing (with stage lights, they often put you in bright orange lipstick onstage because it reads red from the audience.) but this shade is such a bright neon shade of orange, it actually works. it’s fun to mix things up with this one.
7. sephora no. 34 royal wedding is another shade of red that i wear a lot. (i’m wearing it in the picture above!) it has a bit more of a softer satin finish, and i usually tend to favor the matte finish more, but sometimes that glossier look is nice.
8. maybelline fuchsia flash is similar to nars schiap, but with a whole lot more neon going on! it’s a really fun color and one of my favorites to wear out to a party or date night with josh.
one of the reasons why i love and wear lipstick every day is because it helps me feel and look put together, especially since i don’t wear much other make up. to this day i still haven’t a clue how to apply eye liner correctly without looking insane! i even tried again last night before going out, only to be like, yeah no. and wiped it all off once again. but lipstick! i can get behind this! and it’s also just so much fun. hope this was helpful!