this time of year always seems the trickiest for me to get through, and with the unbearable cold temperatures right now in the city that force us to stay inside most days, i feel it extra. by 3 or 4 in the afternoon each day, i feel like all three of my little ones can feel it, too.
i tried to compile a short list of things that are making me happy as i fell asleep last night (like in years past), and decided to keep adding to it today. there’s a lot of good around here. even in brutal february.
10 things that make me terribly happy:
- conrad’s coos and yawns and squinty eyed smiles
- the unexpected compliment
- looking at hair photos on pinterest (why are they so good!)
- feeling the sun on my face or back or body after walking several city blocks shaded by buildings in the cold wind
- when my little ones get along
- scrubbing my bathroom clean until it sparkles (weird, i know. but i love a good cleaning session)
- planning beach days and summer outings
- riding the subway alone and getting the chance to put my headphones on and listen to all my favorite old music, as loud as i want
- kind emails
- when my man wears that one cologne
more happy lists HERE from way back in the day….