at the end of my pregnancy with eleanor last year, i blogged about a few of my pregnancy lifesavers.
little things that seemed to work magic on my tired and uncomfortable body. all of those life savers have proven to remain absolutely magical this time around as well, but i’ve also found a couple of other things over the past few months that i can’t get enough of…
1. l’occitane’s certified organic pure shea butter.
i’m still a girl who is prone to stretch marks (thankfully none of you have to see the inside of my thighs) but somehow still not a single stretch mark on my growing belly and i credit this entirely to the shea butter which i like to use every day.
2. prenatal yoga.
over the years i’ve become a big fan of yoga. i like to do it at my own pace, in my own home either early in the morning or right before bed. while my tummy likes to get in the way on occasion, nothing beats how i feel after i’ve done a little yoga, stretched my muscles and limbs and worked what’s left of my core. sometimes i throw a little martha graham floor work in there, too. (i can’t help it, i’m a dancer.) image via here.
3. massage tools. hopefully you have a partner who is loving enough to work on all those awful knots in your back at the end of each day. carrying around a 14 month old has only worsened mine. and side note: if you’re noticing you have to beg a little to get that massage from your love, it’s been proven at our house that bribing with ice cream or mexican cokes can help. but maybe that only works with my husband. ;)
i’ve noticed there is still an argument out there about drinking herbals teas while pregnant. i’m not a doctor so i’m not going to tell you what to do, but i’ve discussed this with mine and was given the ok
to have a cup on occasion. sometimes i find it’s the perfect way to end the night. tazo’s wild sweet orange
is my absolute favorite!
i live in socks and slippers
these days. sometimes i feel like it’s the start of a downward spiral, especially since this week i’ve resorted to wearing my husband’s t-shirts everywhere and have a pony-tail holding up the button on my jeans. but i feel like if the socks are fun, girly and stylin’, i made an effort. you know? (socks in photo from here.)
6. citrus. i simply cannot get enough. especially grapefruit. every morning. mid afternoon and evening, please. so good!
7. sabon’s dead sea salt scrub.
this is my beauty “splurge” product because i think it’s expensive. but i keep it stocked in my bathroom because i swear it’s full on magic.
8. burt’s bees nourishing body oil.
this oil is where it’s at. it will help make #3 less painful. i also use it on my legs after i shave them twice a year (i kid. i kid. sort of.) and it always makes them smooth and soft, which helps me feel pretty and put together as i waddle down the hallway.
hope this list might help some of you pregnant ladies, too. also, what are your pregnancy lifesavers? have you discovered anything you’re willing to let me in on?