on saturday we fell in love
with a tiny christmas tree at eastern market.
so we brought her home to camp out
in our living room for the next month or so.
she’s very colorful and sparkly.
eleanor can’t stop reaching for her and giggling.
thanksgiving day was wonderful this year.
eleanor did this really kind thing where she slept in until 9am (which meant we all slept in until 9am…. ahhhhh-mazing) which started our day off quite nicely.
we then spent most of the day cooking, eating, skyping with family and checking out some monuments together in glorious 65 degree weather. we loved having my little sisters come to town. they are always a lot of fun (and such big helps in the kitchen). and we loved polishing off left overs all weekend long, too…. turkey and stuffing is somehow always better the second day. it just is.
hope your thanksgiving day was great, too!
we hope you had a happy thanksgiving weekend!
we got to host these pretty girlies, my little twin sisters.
so basically, we laughed a lot this weekend.
here are 10 things about the holidays
- secretly listening to holiday music in mid-october…
- ..and hearing your favorite holiday songs for the first time all year
- getting december holiday issues of your favorite magazines
- saying “happy holidays” and giving a big smile to everyone when you’re out and about (and having the sentiment returned!)
- that first bite of pumpkin pie
- making a stocking for your pet
- tracking santa’s trip online
- watching elf and home alone repeatedly, because once is not enough
- finding that perfect gift for a loved one…
- …and the look on their face when they unwrap it
find more happy lists here.
photo by jacqueline, too.