things that made the weekend not so great:
- coming this close to buying a house we loved here in d.c. on saturday, but not having it work out.
- after realizing we aren’t getting the house, driving all the way to ihop in virginia for pancakes to cheer us up only to find a long line wrapped around ihop of others who want pancakes, too. feeling defeated, we drive back home without pancakes.
- trying to have a dinner date at dc 3 saturday night. baby girl decides to test out her lungs on the car ride over, meaning we’re afraid to even go in. so we eat dinner in the car with a screaming baby.
- lesson learned that i should carry back up clothing not only for baby girl, but me, too. i’m not brave enough to walk around in a silk blouse that’s leaking you know what.
things that made the weekend so great:
- scheduled snowstorm for sunday turned into 50 degree sunny weather by noon.
- running into our friends at harris teeter at ten in the evening and shopping together.
- taking eleanor to the studio where i teach to meet all the girls and watch a bit of rehearsal. (oh how i miss them.)
- church on sunday. and a beautiful baptism afterwards.
- sunday dinner with friends who really know how to cook. and eating one too many bowls of deliciousness.
it really was a great weekend for the most part. here’s to an even better week ahead. happy monday!